Speck Of Texas

Thursday, January 05, 2006

The drama at work

So, this girl that works for us at one of the clinics is pregnant. But she hasn't told my boss yet (who is the top boss of everyone). The girl told the doctors and coworkers, but has not 'officially' told the boss. I don't know why not, we've had people take maternity leave before and come back with no problem. We've also had people leave for good to take care of the baby, and they usually tell us upfront so we have time to find a replacement. It's not like the company is against it or anything. Now, here's the rub - a couple of months ago, the girl turned in her resignation, saying she wanted to go back to school. Then, a few days before her supposed last day, she tells my boss that they don't have enough money for school, and she'd like to keep her job. Against her better judgement, my boss said ok. Then, a month later we hear through the rumor mill that the girl is pregnant. Ah, so that's why she wanted to keep her job - to keep the benefits. And really, there's nothing wrong with that. But, she comes in late, she leaves early, things aren't getting done right, and that whole clinic is just a mess. Now me, little miss optomistic, thought that maybe the girl FORGOT that she hadn't told my boss yet, since she told everyone else. Well, today the shit hit the fan. The girl sends my boss an email saying she has a doctor's appointment next week for an 'ONGOING CONDITION.' Can you believe that? I fucking 'ongoing condition'???? Are you kidding me?????? I cannot believe the utter gall that took to write that email. When my boss showed me that email I heard Nathan's voice going 'Oh no you didn't!' Does she think my boss is an idiot? How can you tell your coworkers AND the frickin' DOCTORS that you are pregnant but tell your boss you have an 'ongoing condition'??? I have no idea what's going to happen. I think it would be different if she was a rockstar employee, but she has so slacked off the last few months. There's absolutely no loyalty there to the company. Ugh. This is why I don't want to make friends at work. You meet someone, think they're cool, think maybe you'd like to hang out after work, and they just go and fuck up so badly at work, you think THANK GOD we are not friends because I would have had to bitch slap her for this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home