Speck Of Texas

Thursday, December 01, 2005

What exactly is this music called???

I'm so tired of using 'alternative'. What is the name now? Rock? Hard Rock? I know grunge isn't used anymore, but the music hasn't changed that much. Is it still just 'alternative'? Blah. It's been 15 years now!

I finally listened to all of Franz Ferdinand I got from Nathan. Really didn't like it. Take Me Out is still the only song I really like. Then I tried listening to the Modest Mouse I got. Again, didn't like much of it, though I liked it more than FF. My fav for MM are Float On and Ocean Breathes Salty. I did like One Chance and Dance Hall too. Now I'm listening to Jet. Damn. This is a good album. I didn't even realize they were the ones that did Look What You've Done. That song sounds so much like the Beatles. I love it. I cannot stand Coldplay or Death Cab for Cutie. I feel like a traitor, and I know Nathan loves DCFC, but I just cannot get into any of their songs. Coldplay just makes me nauseous. Luckily my fav radio station out here doesn't play them too much.

1 Comments:

  • I got the Modest Mouse about two months ago...was going to ask if you wanted me to burn you a copy. And I agree that both MM and FF albums have only one or two good songs. Really disappointing. More often than not, there are few albums anymore that are enjoyable all the way through. I recently listened to the new Madonna (courtesy of Tony)...actually not too bad. Has some Abba moments and reminds me of the queer boys at the club with glo sticks and midori sours. Probably not your thing.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:26 PM, December 02, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home