Speck Of Texas

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

gobble gobble


Not much going on...Thanksgiving was fun. I invited Rob & Kimber over too, so there were 8 of us in all. Rob knows my brother-in-law and 'small world' - they live about 6 blocks down from me. Rob is an ex-marine and my brother-in-law is ex-navy so whenever they get together they tell stories that just crack me up. We had Thanksgiving at my mom's house. She's mostly unpacked but they bought some new furniture that hasn't arrived yet. All in all, it was fun times.

We also had a pot-luck at work the Tuesday before. Everyone brought something and there were some yummy yummy dishes. I made stuffing and a choc chip cheesecake. One of the girls actually thought the cheesecake was from Marie Callendars! Ha. It's a really easy recipe but it tastes great. This weekend I'm going to make about 10 batches of cookies to hand out at work and the neighborhood. I found some interesting recipes to try. I'm trying to write down all my fav recipes in two spiral books (one for desserts and one for reg food). Most of the recipes in there right now are from friends and family. I have a GREAT toffee recipe from Adam in StL, the old pizza and french bread recipes from my grandparent's bakery, and some Italian cookie recipes from my great aunt. If you have any good 'family' recipes, email me!

(Btw - Jason - I added that 'cat litter' recipe. Can't wait to try it!!!)

1 Comments:

  • remind me I need to send you my favorite recipes for my famous GUMBO, Chilli, Drunken French Toast, Diamond Dogs, Fat Man Chicken Noodle Soup, Leftover Cassarole, Margarita Chicken, Asparagus Vocque, and PB&J Cheesecake I have tons but those are my favs.

    By Blogger jayeofmanyhats, at 1:01 AM, November 30, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home