Speck Of Texas

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Komen Austin Race

This morning was the Komen Austin Race for the Cure to raise money for breast cancer. It's an event my company always participates in and we had 37 people signed up to do the race/walk. We were supposed to meet at 7am to walk over together and since the race is downtown, I wanted to get there early. I am very uncomfortable driving downtown so I wanted to get there early enough to figure out where I had to go. I left my house at 6am and the usually 30-40 minute trip only took 18 minutes. So, yeah, I got there hella early. That was actually a good thing because the streets I'm most familiar with were blocked off. I ended up parking .7 miles from where I needed to be (yes I mapped it when I got home). But, it was a nice walk to the event and I got this pretty picture from the 1st Street Bridge.

And here's a good picture of the crowd. There were a ton of people! Even after we got done with our walk, there were people still just starting to head out. I'll definetly do it again next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home