Speck Of Texas

Monday, October 17, 2005

Goodbye 3053

My mom just IM'd me. Looks like they're closing on their house early. It was supposed to be Monday but now it's going to be day after tomorrow. The movers will be there next Tuesday. My parents will be driving out to TX the day after that. So, in a little more than a week the house will no longer be 'home'. Kinda crazy. They've lived in that house for thirty years. I'll miss my mom's rose garden. I asked her to bring some cuttings, but we're not sure if they'll take to the soil out here in the middle of October. On one side of the house is a purple chrysanthemum plant that my grandfather gave my mother on the day I was born. Every year for the past 27 years that plant blooms right around my birthday. This year it looks like it may bloom right before they leave. I'll miss that plant. My mom used to send me polaroid pictures of it when I was away at college - so I could see my flowers blooming. Ok, I'm a little sad now. I'm not sad about the house, just about the plants. The house really stopped feeling like 'home' when I moved my bedroom set out back when I was living in the East Bay. Maybe next time I'm in Stkn I'll jump the fence and if the plant is still there I'll get some cuttings. It's a thought. I'm not sure how old those plants can get though.


On a more upbeat note, I'm very excited that Nathan started a blog too. It took awhile for that second post to appear, but I had faith! It's a good way to keep in touch with everyone. Instead of just saying 'oh, the usual is going on' or 'nothing much' now you can say 'read my blog if you really care!'. Hee.

4 Comments:

  • I can't believe you doubted me. It's difficult to set aside the time...because there's so many trivial things happening during the day about which one can speak. I just finally watched the movie Sideways tonight. Next time you're out we should do wine tasting...except without all the drama.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:14 PM, October 17, 2005  

  • i missed you after you moved to college. we had a lot of fun at that house. i am glad that you are all together in texas though.
    kim

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:27 PM, October 20, 2005  

  • happy birthday tristin!!!

    kim

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:38 PM, October 24, 2005  

  • Yeah...I thought your birthday was on the horizon. Happy Day! Have some T-Bird and Kool-Aid at the park to celebrate! BTW...I finished putting together my grad school stuff and the final list of schools is on my blog ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:39 PM, October 24, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home