Speck Of Texas

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Can't stop the signal

Ok, I saw Serenity today. I went to a 3:30 showing and it was PACKED! Which is awesome. I hope it stays high up in the box office ranks so we can get a sequel. (go see it! go see it! go see it!) The movie was really really good. I won't say anything about the plot, but I am so happy I didn't know any spoilers. I even tried to change the channel when the commercials came on for it. I didn't want to go in with any preconceptions. I didn't know what to expect and I got completely wrapped up in the storyline and the action. There were a couple of slow parts, but as a whole, the writing was incredible and the special effects for the ships were so well done. One of the things I like best on Firefly/Serenity is that ships look old and dirty. It's not all shiny silver metal like it is on Star Trek. I'd be curious to know what a non-Firefly fan thought of it. Joss tried to give some exposition in the beginning just so you could understand character motivations, and luckily that didn't bog down the pacing too much. I was going to see the W&G movie too, but the matinee price was $6.25! Yikes. I'll go next weekend to a Round Rock theater that is only $2.75. Whenever I see matinee prices go up, I always mutter 'when I was a kid....' It's sad that I'm not even 30 and I already have 'when I was a kid....' rants. Can't wait till I'm 50!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home