Speck Of Texas

Saturday, October 08, 2005

what a beautiful day!

Today was one of those great Austin days where it's crisp and cool and warm at the same time. Unfortunately I was at work from 9-2, trying to get a handle on all the new crap I have to take care of. I went in to the shelter for a few hours but it was pretty dead. There was a big football game on today so I think most people were staying home for that. Luckily our two most difficult-to-place cats have been adopted (one didn't have eyes and the other was over 9 yrs), so all the rest of our cats will hopefully get adopted in a decent amount of time. I'm going to catch Serenity tomorrow, and also hopefully the new Wallace & Gromit movie. It got really good reviews. I have all their shorts on DVD - if you haven't seen them, check it out!

I made a couple of Nine Inch Nails mix CDs today to listen to at work. I'd forgotten how good the 'Broken' CD is. That came out around the Pretty Hate Machine era, I think. One of my coworkers is going to see them(him) in San Antonio in a couple weeks. I thought about going, but just didn't feel like spending the money. Nathan and I saw them in HS on the Downward Spiral tour. That was good enough for me.

4 Comments:

  • the wallace and gromit movie is awesome...jeff and i saw it on opening night...he got the shorts for his nieces and nephew like 5 years ago and they all watch them like other kids watch barney (all the time) thank god w&g are so much better than barney

    kim

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:04 PM, October 09, 2005  

  • I can not wait to see the Wallace and Grommit movie. NIN is great live. I still stand by my statement that PRETTY HATE MACHINE is NIN's best album.
    Thinking of maybe heading your way on a "winter" break. What you think of that?

    By Blogger jayeofmanyhats, at 5:25 PM, October 09, 2005  

  • Hey! Of course come visit me!!!! Austin is a cool place. We'll have to check out some local theater. Just let me know what days you were thinking about. I can see what I can do at work to get a few days off.

    By Blogger Speck, at 6:13 PM, October 09, 2005  

  • I seem to remember that we were wearing flannel and surrounded by incessant headbanging. Damn, how I loved the 90s.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:59 PM, October 11, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home