Speck Of Texas

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Red red red

Spent all weekend with my parents so didn't have a chance to see the Firefly movie Serenity. I guess I'll catch it next weekend. Saturday was Orientation for new volunters at the shelter and we got 20 new cat volunteers! Hurray! Of course, the dog volunteers had 40, but they always have more. Sunday night we all went to my sister's for dinner. It's Johnny's birthday next weekend - 3 years old. She made a cake and we sang Happy Birthday like five times. He wanted to keep blowing out the candles. So cute. I entertained him while AM cleaned up. He calls me 'Auntie'. Because, seriously, I can barely say my name without slurring the rr's and ss's. I'm not going to make some little kid say it! Besides, he's really calling me 'Aunt T'. Ha. Saturday we were all over at my parent's house. I was chasing him around while they unpacked the boxes they brought with them. Their stereo was set to classic rock so he and I were dancing around to Ozzy Ozbourne and Led Zeppelin. Pretty good moves for a skinny white boy.

Anyways, when Nathan was out here in July he helped me dye my hair dark red - just one of those 28 day temp jobs. Everyone at worked loved it and I got lots of compliments (finally something my pale skins comes in handy for!). So, since my mother is the queen of do-it-yourself dye jobs, she helped me do it again. I'm so blind without my glasses I can't really do it on my own, though that could be hi-larious. I think it turned out pretty good (see pic). It's like a dark dark red. The flash was making it a little brighter. It lasted about six weeks last time so this will probably fade right before Thanksgiving.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home