Speck Of Texas

Thursday, September 29, 2005

109

How much do I LOVE Austin weather? Mon-Wed it's been 109 degrees. That's right - 109 and it's FALL. Even coming home at 5:30 it's been 103. We were expecting a cold front to move in today (but we were also expecting rain and wind from Hurricane Rita and didn't get squat). Imagine my surprise when I woke up this morning and was cold! All day it's been around 78. That's a 30 degree change overnight. Pretty nifty! It'll be nice and cool for my parents to get here tomorrow so I don't have to hear them bitch about the humidity. They brought a trailer full of stuff for the new house. Luckily (I'm such a bad daughter!) I've got New Cat Volunteer Orientation at the shelter on Saturday so I won't be able to help unload. Too bad, so sad. Last time I was there we still had a bunch of Katrina animals in the auditorium so I have no idea what they are planning to do with them during Orientation.

A few weeks ago I sent out an email to everyone asking for donations to the Austin Humane Society to help out with the Katrina animals (Red Cross = red tape, AHS = help the cute doggies!). So far, I've received $150! Pretty cool. Even one of my old bosses from Accenture sent me something. Every little bit helps.

Don't even get me started on the Alias premiere. Melanie already called, all upset. She also just saw the Sex & the City ep where Samantha gets breast cancer so it was in general a bad tv day for her. I've got to say, I think I may be a little over Alias. I'm just not as interested as I was in S2 or S3. I'll still give it a shot though, Sark (cutie!) might show up again. One can only hope.

1 Comments:

  • I'm still depressed about the Alias season premiere. I'm just taking it one day at a time :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:53 AM, October 03, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home