Speck Of Texas

Saturday, September 17, 2005

The Aristocrats

So, it's been awhile since my last post. Gobs and gobs of things have happened to me! Well, maybe a little gob.

Last weekend I saw The Aristocrats. (haven't heard of it? It's about comics telling the nastiest joke ever) Who did I see it with, you ask? Well, I went with my friend Sarah that I knew from college in STL and had somehow ended up in Austin (long story). She also invited a bunch of her friends from her Lutheran BIBLE STUDY CLASS A Lutheran Bible Study Class going to see the Aristocrats?? Yes, yes they did. The movie was awesome. The audience was great and there were people that were REALLY laughing at the jokes. It wasn't as 'disturbing' as I thought it was going to be. Just good fun with beastiality, incest, blood, and feces. Anyways, at the very end of the movie two comics tell their version of the joke to little babies. I'm talking maybe 10 months old. After the movie, I am standing around with the Lutheran Bible Study Class (Sarah had to go to the bathroom) and I say 'That wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be'. Then they start going off on how could somebody tell that joke to a tiny kid and how that kid's upbringing is going to be horrible and they'll be scarred for life and blah blah blah. ok.

I had asked Sarah to invite some friends since I'm trying to meet more people in Austin. I don't think I'll be hanging out with them again. Also, earlier she had told me that she'd been hanging with them all weekend and they all got drunk Friday and Saturday night. In fact, one night they were so drunk somebody puked on her carpet (not a huge issue since she's getting new carpet next week, but still). This is one thing I have never understood. Why do people have to get so piss poor drunk to have a good time? To drink so much you puke on your friend's carpet? This is fun? I can't help but think back to my week in CA where I was hanging out EVERY NIGHT until all hours of the morning, and NOBODY was drunk. Even when we were at the hotel suite with liquor, people drank a little, but nobody got drunk. I had the best time that week just hanging out. If you need to get drunk to have a good time, you need to reevaluate your life. All the friends I've had in high school, college, and now have never been big drinkers. Sure, some like wine with dinner or a beer now and then, but nobody is going out every night and drinking till they puke. I just can't relate to that type of person.

The good news is that I think I'll be meeting new people soon. The Firefly move Serenity is coming out in two weeks (shiny!) and I found a group on Yahoo that is all Austin Firefly fans (aka: Browncoats) So, it looks like I'll be hooking up with them to go see it. Awesome!! I don't have any Whedonesque friends since Amy and Mark moved to Boston last month, and usually people that like Joss Whedon are people I'd like to know.

Tomorrow I'm going boating on Lake Travis with my roommate Rachael and my neighbors that have a huge boat. Can't wait!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home