Speck Of Texas

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

new try for kitty pics




Ok, so here are my cuties. Spike and Asher I got on the same day about four years ago. Spike was from a shelter in Stockton and Asher was a stray that a friend of a friend rescued. The funny thing is that I already had 'Spike' and 'Asher' picked out as names. 'Asher' works great for a gray kitty and 'Spike' works because even though she's female, she's got a spike of white on her forehead and nose. So cute! I got Pagan a year ago from the Austin Humane Society. He was only up for one day. I mainly got him as a playmate for Spike and it's worked out well. I tried to find another vampire name for him, but just couldn't find one that wasn't common (like Drac or Lestat). Besides, 'Pagan' is just a cool name for a black and silver cat! He's an exotic - called Smokey Egyptian Mau. If I bought him from a breeder he would be like $450! Crazy. Supposedly he was found as a stray and was malnourished. A local cat rescuer took him in until he was well enough to go to the shelter. He's a good kitty. It's worked out well, but Asher still doesn't really like him.

2 Comments:

  • Reminds me of a poem from 10th grade.

    Kitty kitty in the pot
    Water boiling oh so hot
    Kitty kitty your so sweet
    It's your meat I crave to eat.

    Funny what you remember from the past. Please don't attack me with the Peta people...I love cats and have 2 myself

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:40 AM, September 28, 2005  

  • Holy crap! I remember that! What was that from???

    By Blogger Speck, at 6:56 PM, September 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home