Speck Of Texas

Friday, September 30, 2005

Suckered into helping

Ok, I shouldn't have been so smug about not being able to help my parents unload the trailer. They came in around 5pm and I went over after work. When I got there they were about a quarter done with unloading even though they'd told my sister the unloading would be on Saturday. My dad just cannot leave anything undone. So, I helped unload the rest of the crap (while wearing completely inappropriate footwear) and listened to my mom bitch at my dad for not throwing anything away. Yes, they are going to have professional movers do the main stuff. It's a 4 bdrm house and there's no way they could move all that themselves. But, my dad got the little trailer for the HEAVY stuff like boxes of books and two work tables for the garage. He even brought wood. WOOD. He just can't leave it behind. I told my mom to drug him and burn the wood while he's sleeping. It looked like she was actually considering it.

It'll be nice having them out here. Their house is about 15 minutes from mine. Close enough to get there fast in an emergency, but far enough away that my dad can't see I haven't mowed the lawn. My sister's coming up tomorrow to help unpack and organize things. It'll let her feel useful.

For those of you waiting to hear about MHW, yes he did reply. It turns out he didn't sign his name out of sheer laziness. And he's a lawyer now. A lawyer. I just can't wrap my head around that. Am I old enough to know a lawyer my age? That's kind of depressing. I thought being a lawyer took a lot of schooling. Like YEARS. Shouldn't we at least have to be 30 to be a lawyer?
Looking back on my previous post about him, I think I threw things a little out of proportion and got a bit ticked off when I shouldn't have let it bother me. It's kind of weird that I've really mellowed out since moving to Austin. Things just don't bother me much anymore. But, I really got riled up about this. Don't know why.

On a personal note (not like this whole blog isn't 'personal'...) it's now been one month since I started this. I actually tried blogging back in April but just couldn't get into it. It wasn't until the BCHS reunion, running into Jayson, hearing about and reading his blog, that I really gave it a thought. This time around, I think I'll try and stick with it. I'll probably tell a few more people. Maybe some college people as well as HS. It just feels so self-important. I think there's some negative feelings going around about bloggers which I can understand. I don't want to take this too seriously. I just think it's just a good way for people to keep in touch. Come on Nathan! Your blog (or $ilky's) would be so AWESOME.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home