Speck Of Texas

Sunday, November 13, 2005

A trip to the dentist

Ok, I now officially feel old. I was having some pain in my lower jaw, so I went to the dentist. Turns out my old silver fillings from two cavities I had when I was a kid are finally getting loose. But, there's not a lot of tooth left so they'll have to file down the two teeth (back molars) and give me CROWNS. Ugh. It's gonna be hella expensive too, even though my insurance will cover 50%. I'm taking the whole day off of work for it (at least it's a good reason to use up sick time). So that'll be on Thursday. And, fun fun - I get to be AWAKE for the whole thing. It's not something they put you out for. Great. I don't mind the pain - it's the noise of the drill that always gets to me.

So, to cheer me up, I decided to buy a little mp3 player that I can listen to during the procedure. I didn't want an ipod because I don't like how itunes totally changes your song libraries. I got a little 1GB Sansa Scandisk mp3 player that I could use Windows Media Player on. It holds 200 songs, and for my use, that's enough for me. It was on sale too! Unfortunately, the first one I got did not want to work. It would load 24 songs and then my computer would just say 'cannot find device'. I played with it for three days and then gave up. I exchanged it for another one at Best Buy today and this new one works great. It loaded up all the songs in 20 minutes and now I'm good to go. I'll just blast the music at the dentist. I tried to load all my loud music - Rob Zombie, NIN, Nirvana, Blondie, Queen, Disturbed, Marilyn Manson, INXS, and a lot of random singles I have. I even have Dolly Parton's 9 to 5 - love that song.

1 Comments:

  • I don't think it's about getting old. Have you been messing with meth again? I hear that it's big in the heartland. If I don't talk to you before, enjoy your T-giving.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:38 AM, November 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home