Speck Of Texas

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Pandora

All right, most of you are more savvy than I, so I'm sure you already heard about this..

www.pandora.com

It's a site where you type in a favorite band name or song title, and it creates a custom radio station with bands and songs of that type of music. It's AMAZING. I think I'll be listening to this a lot when I'm on the computer. check it out


***edited to add: ok, I've been playing with this site for about 30 minutes and I can't get over how cool this is! I typed in Disturbed, Gravity Kills (cool STL band), The Cure, and Yaz (fun 80s band) and the playlists it's giving me are unreal. The Gravity Kills list already gave me a couple bands I'd never heard of but really liked. I'll have to check if the server at work will allow me to listen to this. I'm just flabbergasted that someone was creative enough to make a site like this happen. And, it's really easy to use. Just - wow.

1 Comments:

  • Yeah I built my online station on Launchcast...but this Pandora sounds like it does a lot of work for you. Cause on Lauchcast I had to find a bunch of artists and then I get to rate others as they come up and that changes things. Like right now I am listening to Lavay Smith and Her Red Hot Skillet Lickers.

    By Blogger jayeofmanyhats, at 12:45 PM, November 12, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home