Speck Of Texas

Monday, December 05, 2005

C is for Cookie

Yeah, I think my mom was right when she said 12 kinds of cookies would be too much. Heh. Instead, I made 6 different kinds to hand out for Christmas to my neighbors and at work. Sunday was going to be my big cooking day, but after 2.5 batches, I burned my right hand pretty badly. This is actually par for the course. It's amazing how many times I've badly burned my right hand. Really, it's not a holiday unless I have ointment covering my right hand. My right index finger actually never heals all the way now. I think it's in permanent shock. This time I picked up a right-out-of-the-oven cookie sheet without a mitt (which was on my left hand). So, I took a bit of a break on Sunday and didn't get them all done. I finished up tonight and I'll hand them out tomorrow. Here's a pretty pic of my handiwork.

I've got regular Tollhouse choc chip (a classic), a chocolate pudding recipe from my mom (which is awesome), oatmeal with mini choc chips, a Heath bar cookie, a peanut butter and choc chip bar cookie (didn't like this one, but oh well), and a reeses pb cup bar cookie (would've been better as drop cookies instead of a bar I think). The Heath bar cookie turned out really good (a new recipe). I think I put too much almond extract in the oatmeal cookies. I didn't really like how they turned out, but my roommate LOVED them, so I guess to each his own. At least I didn't have to throw any batches out.

I also sent out all my Christmas cards today (btw - Jason I need your address). I had almost 40 this year with family, high school and college friends. And of course, all my Christmas cards have panda bears on them. :P
My mom and I keep a look out every year and when I find a pattern, I stock up. I've got like six different types to choose from now. And, I made cute address labels with Christmas pandas on them. I LOVE making my own address labels. If you want any for yourself let me know what kind of picture you want and I'll print some for you. I've got a template made in excel and have a ton of crazy fonts.

And for my Netflix update: Just saw Dog Soldiers. Awesome! It's the British army vs werewolves and it's actually a really good movie. I'd recommend it for a fright fest. I also saw Phantom of the Opera. That was my first experience seeing that story and I wasn't really impressed. I just could not get into the opera so I ended up fast forwarding through most of it. But, the cinematography was beautiful. Oh, and my last movie was The Forgotten. Utter crap. That's all I'll say about it.

2 Comments:

  • Okay. Here stuff is
    A> I love cookies!
    B> Dog Soilders ROCKED!
    C> I know it goes against years of being in the theatre but I HATE PHANTOM! I HAVE ALWAYS HATED PHANTOM and I WILL ALWAYS HATE PHANTOM!
    D> The Forgotten also sucked shit, what a waste of good talented people.

    E> My addy is here in code, email me if you think you have it...

    A Trinity, Nothingness, A Trinity
    Famous party where they served "Lady Fingers" in the snow
    What you do in a car
    "Oh Lord I'm stuck in..."
    The Golden State
    No! in German, The robot number in SHORT CIRCUIT, number of Reese's PB cups in a standard pack, what you yell in golf, Nothingness

    hope you have fun finguring this out...hehehe, I do realize that technically I just gave out my address over the net but oh well it was worth it

    By Blogger jayeofmanyhats, at 8:08 PM, December 06, 2005  

  • okay jay's post is quite scary...thanks for the card. it is always fun to see what kind of panda cards you send out each year. have a great holiday!
    kim

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:41 AM, December 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home