Speck Of Texas

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Maybe this whole 'home ownership' isn't for me

I had a good day and a bad day today. Slept in late, went to the shelter for a few hours, had some really good adoptions, came home, worked on cutting some backer board for the kitchen backsplash....and found out my roof has a leak. Yup. That's when the day turned bad. We had a huge rain storm overnight which is good cause we haven't had rain in months. I was moving some boxes around in the garage and one of them had water on the lid. I got out my ladder and touched the ceiling and it was soft. Great. There isn't more rain in the forecast so I guess I'll call someone out on Monday. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to put this through my house insurance or not. I've heard crazy stories about people putting in a claim for something small and then the insurance company drops them. I'll just have to wait and see what the damage is. I walked around the rooms inside and there doesn't seem to be any leaks in here. Of course, the way water travels, I have no idea where the real leak is. I just hope it isn't anything major.

Random - today at the shelter I ran into two old coworkers from a company I worked for a couple years ago. They were in to adopt a cat. One of them, Michele, has an online bead/jewelry company now. I checked it out and it's pretty cool. Mostly jewelry for being barefoot. She said she gets a lot of orders from California and Florida. So, check it out if you're interested.

http://www.jewelsbymichele.com/index.html

1 Comments:

  • I think the roof will be OK; fortunately the leak is in the garage so it should be easily repaired. Don't you wish you could just have a landlord come out and take care of it? Can't wait until your visit in March. It will be here soon. Let's talk soon to figure out logistics on the party/reception thingy.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:01 AM, February 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home