Speck Of Texas

Monday, January 16, 2006

The Outsiders (meaning - go outside if you need to puke)

One of the reasons I love Netflix is that I can catch a lot of 80s movies that for some reason I never saw. I got Fast Times at Ridgemont High a few months ago - and liked it. I thought it was still entertaining. So, following that vein, I watched The Outsiders tonight. It's interesting how many famous actors were in it -Tom Cruise, Matt Dillon, Patrick Swayzee, Rob Lowe, Emilio Estevez - and even Diane Lane! Though I must say I think Diane Lane is much more beautiful now than she was 22 years ago. Anyways, wow that movie sucked big time. Slow and stupid storyline, weird characterizations, weird music. I was really disappointed. Yes, it was cute to see all those actors so young, but damn that was a boring movie.


At Melanie's request: no update to the 'drama' at work. We have still not been notified of what her 'ongoing condition' is - but she has turned in more time off requests for doc visits. I'm tempted to call and ask her if her 'ongoing condition' is going to be a girl or boy. Crazy.

1 Comments:

  • (GASP) How could you not love The Outsiders? Granted, it's been a while since I've seen the movie (*cough* 13 years) and I may be a bit biased because I loved the book, but I remember enjoying it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:29 AM, January 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home