Speck Of Texas

Sunday, January 15, 2006

movie update

Ok, here's my latest Netflix review:

Million Dollar Baby. Uh, I thought this was supposed to be an uplifting, underdog sports movie. I did not have an inkling about the ending. My roommate and I were both shocked (that's all I'll say - don't want to ruin it). Yes, good writing, good acting, and it did deserve all the awards it got.

Dark City. Don't know why I never saw this before. Very good sci-fi visionary movie. Roger Ebert even does his own commentary for it, which was insightful and intersesting. Made me feel like I was in a college film class. Good movie.

Murderball. Holy crap, those guys are hot! Okay, yes, they're in wheelchairs, but that really doesn't matter. It's a documentary on quadraplegic rugby. Really well done. Deserves all the hype it got. Go rent it. The special features were cool too.

1 Comments:

  • Dark City I loved.
    I loved Murderball soo much I got it on DVD the day it came out. I am very close to actually sleeping right now so I will comment more at a later date.
    Miss ya, love ya, see ya somewhere in the BLOG world either here or MySpace

    By Blogger jayeofmanyhats, at 4:05 AM, January 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home