Speck Of Texas

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

two posts in two days! wow

Damn you guys! Do you have some setting to tell you when I post? Love all the quick comments!

Ok, let me add something about my previous post. I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with internet dating. I’m merely saying that for ME, I was a little disappointed that I’d had to resort to that. I guess I’m just old fashioned enough for it to bother me. I’ve never been asked out on a date, and the fact that I met my current boyfriend through ME emailing HIM does tweek me a little. But, whatever, that’s how it worked out.

New topic:here’s a little rant for you. As most of you know, I am usually a happy, upbeat person. Yes, I’m sarcastic, but I’m not ‘mean’ or ‘angry’ most of the time. But, there is one topic that will get me extremely mad. That is when people that are in relationships do not realize how hard it is to meet someone – and they make single people feel bad for being single. Before meeting Michael, I had not had a date since sophomore year of college….1997. My brief joke of a relationship back in Dec of ’06 does not count because I was never asked out nor did we ever go on a real date. I don’t even think the guy paid for anything. So, yeah, that doesn’t count at all.

Anyways, I think current media – books, tv, movies, make it seem like everyone is dating and if you’re home alone on a Friday night then there’s something ‘wrong’ with you. I never understood how women could have several dates with different men in the same week. I think people that are constantly dating someone (serial monogamy) or have been married for awhile, don’t realize that not everyone is getting hit on at the grocery store. There are many, many, many very nice, normal, polite, friendly, caring people that aren’t dating. Even women that go out to singles events, or speed dating, or trying to meet people through friends of friends, there’s no real guarantee of meeting someone or being asked out. Sometimes guys don’t realize what their ‘league’ is and they just want to talk to the hot chicks – ignoring the normal looking women. I know it’s hard for guys to ask out girls, but it’s even harder for us!

I have always felt that I’d rather be alone than with the wrong guy. I have never felt that I ‘needed’ a boyfriend. I truly believe that there is someone out there for everyone. And quite honestly, I feel that there’s multiple someones for everyone, cause just 1 would be too mean. Ok, back on point. I don’t think anyone should make anyone else feel bad for not having a date in X number of weeks/months/years. Sure, you have to at least TRY. You’re not going to meet anyone while sitting on your sofa. But, just because someone is 40 and never married doesn’t mean there’s something ‘wrong’ with them – that they’re afraid of commitment, or a momma’s boy, or a perpetual immature teenager. Maybe they just haven’t found the right person. I know it’s easy to get depressed and feel that there’s no one out there for you. It’s such a cliché, but you just have to keep a positive outlook on the whole thing. You will meet someone, and they’ll be wonderful, and they’ll make you happy.

1 Comments:

  • We don't have something to tell us when you've posted - we're just interested in how you're doing! :-)

    In any case, yes, I agree with and second your rant. It's the "all you have to do is..." thing that gets me...

    Me: Haven't found the right person. Not sure that person exists. Thinking if I actually encountered that person, I'd be too clueless to realize it. Glad not to be a mama's boy, commitment-phobic, *or* perpetual immature teenager (but hey, it isn't hard to find THOSE types, haha...in both sexes).

    You and M. have something wonderful - whether you met via match.com or somewhere else - if it worked for you, then that's great!

    By Blogger cpu, at 7:04 PM, February 21, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home