Speck Of Texas

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Follow the trail of lights....

One of the big things in Austin during the holidays is the 'Trail of Lights'. It's at Zilker Park and it's basically just lights on all the big trees and holiday displays (dioramas?) I had never been before, so Michael, John/Jessica, and John's mom took me. Here are some pictures.

This is a big string of lights that people go into and twirl around while looking up. It's very nausea-inducing. I'm really pleased with this picture - flag flying in the breeze and all.


Here's the entrance. What, are we in Vegas now?

Yeah, they put a lot of lights up

Ok, this is me fucking around with the night mode on my camera

Here's one of the dioramas. If I had been on acid, I think I would have started to freak out. Who created this stuff??



Ok, I know everyone is proud of being Texan, but come on!
Even the cattle skulls were in the holiday spirit! Yeesh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home