Speck Of Texas

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Don't get your hopes up

Dear lord...I have so much to write about! Gah! Having a boyfriend really sucks up all my time! I stayed home tonight, hoping to get some cleaning done, blogging, etc. I ended up watching TV and fucking around with my new Quicken software. I've decided that I'm actually going to try and track my expenses. Gasp! I don't think I WANT to know, but I think I SHOULD know.

I really want to get to bed early, so I'll just do a quick recap and post more later:
1. Yes, Michael and I are still together. Almost 4 months.
2. Yes, he took my new blog picture. He is an amatuer photographer and has lights, backdrop, etc. He was testing lighting on someone with glasses and took a ton of photos of me. Most I was just fooling around in them with weird faces and whatnot. A couple came out cute. I'll add them later
3. New Year's was fairly tame - went to Michael's friend's house and hung out. I am slowly meeting everyone. The man knows a shit load of people. Luckily, I really like most of them.
4. My cats are fine. But, I have been very bad and have not been volunteering at the shelter much. I could blame Michael, but really, it started in the summer. I'm still doing Orientation, but I haven't been actually volunteering. I don't know why. It's been 4 years of going every weekend. I think I'm taking a sabbatical.
5. My brother-in-law graduated from the police academy last week. Now he's an Austin police officer. But, after his three-month training period, when he becomes an official officer, the Navy is shipping him out to Iraq for a year. They're waiting till then so APD is required to 'save' his job for him. Of course, nothing is final in the military till the orders are in your hand...but it's fairly certain he's going out. Oh, and my sister is pregnant again. Won't THAT be fun?
6. I am completely over my job. I kept saying 'next year' I'll start looking. Well, crap. That's now isn't it? Gotta get the resume updated and start looking. Why can't I just call up a company and say HIRE ME! so not looking forward to this.

ok, I guess that'll calm the masses for awhile. I promise to work on this over the weekend!

7. oh, by the way, Michael really made a home run with the Christmas presents. He got me RAM for my computer so it'll run faster (and installed it for me) and he got me the same camera that Mike took with us to Italy! It's the newer model, but basically the same thing - shock proof, water proof, in general very awesome. I kept mentioning how much I loved his camera but couldn't justify getting it since mine still worked well.

He also got me the little tripod gorilla grip (http://www.gizoo.co.uk/Products/AvCommunications/DigitalCameras/gorillapod.htm) which is AWESOME! You can get great night shots with it since it holds the camera still. It's also good for getting pictures of you/the whole group since no one has to hold it. Just wrap it around something or perch it on something and you're good to go. I was completely surprised at everything. Wasn't expecting it. I didn't spend as much, but got him more stuff and everything was really thoughtful so I think we were pretty even for our first Christmas gift-giving.

Ok,.........bye!

2 Comments:

  • it sounds like you have a great man. i am so happy for you!!! and did i tell you that i love the new pic on your blog!!
    kim

    By Blogger fastturtle, at 10:58 PM, January 09, 2008  

  • Ok, so we've established that I'm the worst friend ever. Now that that's out of the way, I'm happy things are going well with you and your man :) I will have to call you soon so we can chat. Who knows? Maybe one day I'll have time to meet for lunch.

    By Blogger Mel, at 8:49 PM, January 15, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home