Speck Of Texas

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

well really, there's no excuse

I'm all by myself tonight. Michael has a photo shoot for some acrobat friends of his, so he'll be getting in late. I've been putzing about on the internet, checking up on blogs (bad Randy! post more!) (yay to Gil! always interesting!) and realized I really need to post on mine.

It'll be a quiet night tonight. Not only is Michael busy, but I left my cell phone at work. I never do that, but I just drove off and left it sitting by my monitor. And since I don't have a home phone, this night will be fairly silent.

I'm trying to decide what I want to do...sleep, read, cook, do laundry (ok, I've already got a load going), watch tv (bunch of Reaper, Heroes, Sarah Conner eps to watch), or just continue to putz around on the internet. So many choices, so few hours before I have to go to bed. Oh, yeah, I guess I could look for a new job. I was supposed to be working on that, wasn't I? Sigh.

Oh, hey, my dad is doing really well. Thanks to everyone for their well wishes. The surgery went smoothly and he's healing nicely. He had a doc appt last week and they took the staples out. They'd met the staff at that office before when they got their flu shot, so the medical asst - Angie- gave them a bunch of free stuff to take home. They said my parents are 'cute'. He doesn't need to go back to the doctor unless something starts to not heal right. But, so far so good. He can't pick anything up that's heavier than 10lbs and he's gotten into trouble a couple times with that. Then my mom yells at him about whether he wants to go back into the hospital.

Hmmm...updates, updates, updates.......Mike & Annette have been making homemade pasta lately. That stuff is so freaking good. If you have the opportunity and have a mix master with the pasta attachment, def try it out. It's really easy and it's amazing how much better it tastes. .....A few nights ago we watched Lucky Number Slevin at Mike's with a bunch of people. Didn't care for the movie. Too much exposition at the end. I was like 'ok, I get it! just roll the credits already!'. Not recommended......ah, the tv show Psych is still going strong. They even had a spanish telenovella episode that was hilarious (Randy I know you were a Spanish major, so I taped it for you). It's on the USA channel - check it out. It's got hijinks......Went to Costco last weekend with Jeff/Judy and Jayne. The nice thing about going with other people is we can buy huge quantities of stuff and then split it. For example, buying a whole chocolate cake is excessive. But, buying a whole chocolate cake to SPLIT is perfectly acceptable. This time we found fresh butternut squash ravioli and jars of organic tomato basil sauce. We bought some and split it. Michael and I had the ravioli with the sauce on Saturday night. It was AMAZING. That sauce has got to be the best sauce I have ever had in my life. I'm not one to jump on the 'organic' bandwagon, but it tasted very fresh (for being from a jar!) and incredibly flavorful. The herbs were just right. I called Judy up to ask when we could go again. They had tried the ravioli and loved it too, but hadn't tried the sauce yet. I think we're going back in a couple weeks. I'm going to have to get several jars of that sauce. I hope they still have it. That's the only annoying thing about Costco-they don't carry some items all the time.

Oh, I guess I was going to post some of the pics Michael took of me, wasn't I? Ok, let me go work on that.

I feel kinda boring tonight. Not really happy about this post, but oh well. I'm just not witty tonight.

2 Comments:

  • Interestingly, I also did a couple of loads of laundry tonight.

    I didn't like "Lucky Number Sleven" either - movies with torture and that kind of violence is simply not very entertaining, and actually gives me nightmares. While "Shoot 'Em Up" was violent, it had more of a fantasy component than "sleven" did (all the bad guys couldn't shoot anything, and the good guys had perfect aim).

    They interviewed Simon Pegg (of "Hot Fuzz" and "Shaun Of The Dead") on an episode of "Top Gear" that aired the other night.

    Your test pictures turned out pretty well, too. Michael does do a great job with his photography.

    By Blogger cpu, at 1:50 AM, February 06, 2008  

  • Am I the only weirdo that enjoyed Lucky Number Slevin? Ah, well. It's a good thing I've accepted the fact that I'm strange.

    By Blogger Mel, at 12:26 PM, February 06, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home