Speck Of Texas

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Everyone, Reverse Skate!

Part of the Austin No Kidding group is the 'Enthusiast List'. It's a mass email distribution that people use to email out invites to events or to gauge interest in an outing. The thinking behind it is that since we don't have kids, we can do stuff at the last minute or on short notice since we don't have to find a babysitter. Anyone can throw out an idea.

A couple years ago I went rollerskating with some of the shelter people. It was so fun! I hadn't been skating in 15+ years, but it all came back to me! I felt like going out again so I posted it the group. There's a skating rink that has Adults Only on Tuesday nights and they have the old fashioned roller skates. So, I put that out as an event and we did it last Tuesday. Only a few people showed up, but the Enthusiast List events don't ususally have a huge turnout. Mike, Annette, and Lina came. We were there for about two hours and I think I skated for half of it. I didn't fall once! I also wasn't sore at all the next day, so yay! I'm definitely going to have to go again. It was busy, but not packed, so I didn't feel like I had to dodge people all the time. There were some people there that really knew what they were doing. It was fun just to watch them skating backwards and sideways. I used to take lessons when I was a little kid, but I've forgotten all the tricks. I'm just focusing on moving forward! I highly suggest if you have a skating rink in your neighborhood to go check it out! You'll remember how fun it is!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home