Speck Of Texas

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Where's my wave, bi***!

In general, I do not get road rage. But, there are two things that push my buttons.

1 - people that don't know how to drive on mountain roads or curves. Take your foot off the gas before you hit the brake! You do NOT have to ride the frickin brake down the whole time! I can't deal with that. Luckily, Austin roads are fairly straight and you don't encounter those idiots till you go out to the hill country (like the idiot we were stuck behind going out to the orchard.....aaarrrgghhh).

2 - People that don't wave at you when you let them cut in front of you. Now I'm not talking about general merging. I don't believe a wave is expected or warranted in that situation. I'm talking about bumper-to-bumper traffic and you don't move forward in order to allow someone with a blinker on to move into your lane. In that situation, I'd better get a frickin thank you wave. I strongly believe that if the wave is not offered, I should be able to lightly hit their bumper as a you're welcome, assshole kind of message. I am a very nice driver. I always allow people in if they have their blinker on. I'm never in such a rush that I can't take five seconds to let someone in. Same goes for if I'm at a red light and someone is trying to get out of a parking lot driveway. I usually let at least one car go in front of me. I feel it's building car karma. And hey, that came in handy when I did a 180 turn on the freeway and didn't get hit. It all makes sense now, doesn't it! And when I say 'wave' all I'm looking for is a raise of the arm. There need not be any side to side motion. Come on, is that too much to ask?

1 Comments:

  • Yes! I always look for the wave, or nod of the head, or something! And if I don't get it, I secretly wish awful things upon them and their mothers.

    By Blogger inertbat, at 1:28 AM, August 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home