Speck Of Texas

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Love thy neighbor

I clearly remember when I was thinking about buying this house I had my friend Mark come and take a look at it. I wanted to get someone else's opinion about it that wasn't already emotionally invested. He pointed out that the neighbors across the street had a boat in their driveway and that would bother him. I replied that I thought it meant I might get invited to go boating! And, that's exactly how it's turned out. I know I've mentioned before going out on the lake. Well, Marcia had already invited me twice this summer, but I hadn't been able to go. One Saturday was my sister's birthday party and the next Saturday was our Father's Day/Parent's 35th Wedding Anniversary party. Luckily, I didn't have anything planned for Saturday the 23rd. Marcia said as long as the weather held out they were going out on their 24ft pontoon boat. I love that boat! We were out for six hours. Some of Mike's coworkers came too and they were a hoot. Real Texans....had some good stories. I really needed that outing - so relaxing. I was in the lake for about three hours and didn't get burned at all. It was overcast most of the day and I put plenty of sunscreen on. I think I did get a little tanned. Even though it was really windy out on the main part of the lake, there's a certain 'party cove' that a lot of people anchor at. It's a 'no wake' zone which means you can't water ski/jet ski/drive fast in the cove. Mostly people just anchor their boats and go swimming. There's also a lot of people that rope their boats together and just hang out and drink. That's never been my scene, so I love that my neighbors prefer to anchor by themselves and just hang out and swim. Mike has a sound system installed with an MP3 player so there's music playing too. I'm sure I'll get invited throughout the summer. I get along really well with them, and I make these tortilla wraps with green onion, lunch meat, and cream cheese that Mike really loves. I always make sure to bring some when I go out with them as a thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home