Speck Of Texas

Saturday, June 16, 2007

guess I should post.

Dude. Sorry about the long absences. Nothing too earth-shattering going on over here. Work has been crazy and the kittens are taking up a lot of my time. Jeff/Judy and Mike/Annette have all come to play with the kittens. They are doing great. I have an appt on Sunday the 24th to bring them back to the shelter. I'm a little worried about Molasses because he's turning into a picky eater. He hasn't gained as much weight as his siblings. I don't think he's sick though....just doesn't eat a lot.

I don't know why I'm still awake. I'm getting up early tomorrow.....later today.... to get an oil change and tire rotation for my car. I'm like a month overdue. On the bright side I only have a few more months before my car is paid off. Yippeee! After the oil change I'm going into the shelter and then meeting the family and Nathan/Tony at Logan's for dinner. My sister and I are extending my dad's Netflix membership as his Father's Day gift. His Christmas membership expires next month, so this is good timing.

I haven't been to the shelter much lately...just Orientation. I was planning to go last Saturday, but woke up to overcast, breezy weather and actually WANTED to do yard work. And really, how often do I wake up wanting to do yard work? I felt in the interest of having a less crappy yard, I should stay home and work on it. I was out there for a few hours and got a lot done. It looks a little less crappy now.

Spike got her teeth cleaned on Thursday. Not sure if you know this, but they anesthetize a cat for teeth-cleaning. I had to take the food away the night before so she'd have an empty tummy. Unfortunately that meant all three of them didn't have food after 7pm. They woke me up at 4am walking all over me begging for food. When I picked her up after the procedure she was still groggy from the drugs. I should have video taped it. She was hilarious. Her back legs weren't quite working yet so she was stumbling around and walking into things. She's better now and her teeth are pearly white. Luckily the vet said the other two cats don't need it. Pagan might need it in the next year, but Asher's teeth are actually pretty clean. That's weird considering they all eat the same thing. And no, I am so not brushing their teeth!

2 Comments:

  • so my family and i looked at the pictures you had taken at the wedding. you have some fantastic pictures, especially of me and my mom. there are very few pics of me and my mom except for the ones you took. thank you so much for being there!
    kim

    By Blogger fastturtle, at 5:26 PM, June 18, 2007  

  • Just wanted to swing by and say hello! I miss ya. If you get a chance can you e-mail some picks from the wedding, would love to see them!

    By Blogger jayeofmanyhats, at 7:36 PM, June 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home