Speck Of Texas

Monday, May 07, 2007

Drive bye

well that's just a clever title. Just a quick note to say how much Fox can kiss my ass. They screwed me with Firefly. They screwed me with Wonderfalls, and now after three episodes they screwed me with Drive. It was a new mid-season replacement show created by Tim Minear - one of the old Buffy/Angel guys and starred Nathan Fillion from Firefly. Premise was an illegal cross country car race. I taped the first episodes and watched them all at once on Thursday. It was decent and I was getting into the characters, plot, and motivations. Then when I went to the latest one, it was a House repeat. Huh? I checked online, and yup, even though they made 9 episodes, they only showed three and already cancelled it. Why can't they give shows a chance anymore? Cheers and The Cosby Show and Seinfeld weren't that popular the first season! Sometimes you have to give your audience a chance to get into it! So disappointing.

If you can find it, check out Firefly and Wonderfalls. All created episodes are out on DVD and worth a view.

Oh, Randy...Netflix isn't pay-per-view...well I guess it is kinda....it's an online rental website where they send you DVDs in the mail from your movie queue and you watch them and send them back. It's a flat monthly fee and I get three movies at a time. As soon as I mail them back I get new ones. When I was really on the ball I was getting twenty movies a month. Now I'm down to about 10. I've been on it for a few years and am completely addicted. I've seen a ton of movies I'd never even heard of, and they have an excellent independent and classic selection as well as more mainstream movies and tv shows. I don't think Japan has anything like it.

2 Comments:

  • Doesn't it just suck when good shows get cancelled. But I had no idea they did it after episodes were already made and ready to air. What are they thinking?! I was looking at a listing of new shows that were being considered for this season (after watching Heroes I got curious to what else was out there), and realized that I shouldn't get excited over shows that probably won't even make it on the air or will get cancelled. So keep me updated on what's good. We seem to have the same taste in shows :)

    Oh! I saw a few commercials for something like Netflix here, but didn't think it would work because they'd lose so much money on postage and because posting it back to the company would be a hassle. The mailman doesn't pick up mail like in America, only drop mail off so you'd have to actually go to the post office to return the videos, and if you're leaving the house anyway you might as well go to the video store. In the States the convenience of doing everything from home sounds great.

    By Blogger inertbat, at 12:48 AM, May 10, 2007  

  • i was just on the stockton record website and saw that chris trotter is engaged. he's still in stockton but it sounds like he is successful. just thought i would let you know. see you in a couple of days!
    kim

    By Blogger fastturtle, at 11:21 AM, May 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home