Speck Of Texas

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Sleeping with the fishes (well, eating with them I guess)

ok, just wanted to use that title. To continue with my CA trip: Friday was Monterey. I wanted to get out there early since I had to be back in Gilroy by 5:30 to go to Bingo with my Aunt and Nana. They take their bingo seriously and since there's 14 games with $250 jackpots, it's always fun.

Oh, and yes, I did go slightly out of my way just so I could take Hecker Pass again. I could've just taken 101, but where's the fun in that? Once I got to Monterey I had to make a pitstop at the coffeeshop Plume for my sister. She used to live out there and I guess has been dreaming about their coffee for 10 years. So, I had to get a lb of 'Sweet Italian' for her. Whatever. At first she was like 'find a yellowpages' and I told her to get her ass on the internet and get me directions if she wants her damn coffee. Luckily it was on my way to the Aquarium. I really don't know when the last time I was at the Monterey Bay Aquarium was, but it is worth the $25 entrance fee. I got there at 10:30am and it wasn't too busy. Here are some pictures of jelly fish and other crazy stuff I saw.

After the aquarium I had lunch at a restaurant on the water and got to sit outside. I was above the water and a sea otter was playing underneath me. So cool. Then I drove along the coast for a little bit and got these pics. Traffic back was a bitch since it was Friday, but I got back in time. I think next time I'm out, I'm going to Monterey again. Their downtown/main street looked really cute and I didn't have time to do any exploring.

1 Comments:

  • The jellyfish and sea anemone pictures are awesome! I used to raise sea anemones when I was a kid. Actually not really raise them, more like take them home and not know how to care for them so they always died within a week.

    By Blogger inertbat, at 6:15 AM, August 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home