Speck Of Texas

Friday, August 24, 2007

Beach #2!

Sunday was spent with Kim and her husband Jeff in Concord. We just fucked around Concord for a bit, went to the mall, got my See's candy, and then went back to their place. Nice relaxing day. Sunday night I drove to Pinole (near Berkeley) to stay with Andrea. She had just gotten back from a camping trip in Mammoth that day. She took Monday off so we could hang out a bit. We ended up taking Hwy 1 to Stinson Beach near Sausalido. I had never driven that part of 1 before and it was really curvy too (fun!!). Stinson beach was so clean and beautiful. The sand was much finer than Santa Cruz and the wet part of the shore was easy to walk on - almost like cement. When the water came in it didn't disturb the sand as much so the waves were really clear and clean. For a Monday it was slightly busy, but we got some great pictures. Again, the water was ice cold, so we just walked down the shore. You can see our two sets of footprints in this pic.



That night we went out to Thai food with Andrea's roommmate Brandi and then went to Foster's Freeze for dessert. I didn't even know Foster's Freeze was still around! Cool!
Monday I left early for the drive back to San Jose and got to the airport in plenty of time. I left Andrea's around 8:30 and really thought I'd be stuck in traffic for hours. But, I guess their rush hour ends early. In Austin it's rush hour till at least 10am. I'm not going back to CA this year, and I'm not sure when/if I'm going next year. I really want to go see Kris in England and maybe take a cruise. We'll see.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home