Speck Of Texas

Sunday, September 16, 2007

11 hours, 45 minutes

In the interest of full disclosure, I'm letting you know what's going on. I don't see the point in keeping things on the down-low. I'm pretty sure everyone that reads this blog cares about me (at least a little!) and wants to see me happy. So, uh, here goes!

I had a date on Saturday! Woo hoo!

It was a co-worker of Melanie's. We had talked over the phone Wed night and ended up talking for over an hour! We made a date to meet for lunch on Sat at 11am - low key, no pressure, etc. He (I'll call him MB) had tickets to ACL (3-day music concert) and said he'd need to get going around 2. We both agreed 11am would be a good time. Figure 2 hours for lunch, and then plenty of time for him to go back home and get ready for ACL. My only expectation was to have a pleasant lunch and get to know someone new. Working adoption at the shelter for 4 years has really given me comfort and confidence when talking with new people. So, I wasn't worried about keeping the converstation going. And since our phone conversation went so well, I knew we had a lot in common. Ok...getting back to lunch. We talked, we ate, we laughed....we talked some more...and some more. I noticed it was 2pm and said 'Hey! You're going to be late to ACL! Don't you need to get going?' And basically he said that he saw some great bands the night before, his main bands to see were on Sunday, so he was perfectly fine with skipping the bands on Saturday and stay with me. Wow...that was really....flattering. So, uh, yeah, we talked some more! The place we were at was really cool and lots of people had computers and were studying. We were never bothered for taking up a table nor asked to order more. Cool place. By 6pm (yes, 7 hours into the date!) we were both getting hungry again so we went to Chuy's for dinner. During the discussion at lunch we realized we both order practically the same thing at Chuys, AND we order the exact same thing at Thai restaurants (and really, Pad See Ew is NOT something most people even know about!). Scary. So, after dinner neither of us really wanted it to end, so I invited him back to my place and we watched Stranger Than Fiction with Will Farrell. I had it on my shelf but hadn't seen it yet. I liked it, and MB had already seen it and liked it. The evening ended at 10:45p. And now I'm going to dinner at his place tomorrow (Monday). Uh, I guess we'll see where this goes! Just taking it one day at a time, you know?

At this point.....no I'm not telling him about this blog. We'll see how long I can keep my mouth shut about it and not slip.

2 Comments:

  • Dang girl...get yo hustles on!

    By Blogger Nathan, at 1:27 PM, September 17, 2007  

  • Ya know, some people might say that I should never interfere with matters of the heart when it comes to my friends. But I laugh (Ha!) in the face of conventional wisdom. I say, if I know two people that are good for one another it is my job...no, my duty to bring them together. I'm glad you two are having fun :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:22 AM, September 18, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home