Speck Of Texas

Thursday, June 22, 2006

A new resident

Nathan came out for a few days to look for a house. We went out on Sunday and looked at a new housing development near Manchaca and Slaughter. It was a really cute neighborhood. He saw one he liked, but he still went out with John (my brother-in-law who's a realtor) and they looked at houses on Monday and Tuesday too. It turned out that none of them were a better deal than the house we saw on Sunday. So, Nathan signed the papers and that's it. Luckily the sod had not been put in yet so he was able to get a sprinkler system for the front and back. That will help a lot when they want to sell it. Not many homes in Austin come with sprinkler systems. I really like the floor plan and think it will work out great for him and Tony. It's about 45 minutes from me, so I won't be bothering them too much!

While Nathan was staying with me I put him to work. I knew he'd done a lot of home improvement projects in his condo, so I asked if he knew how to change a faucet. He said yes. Of course, the CONCEPT of changing a faucet is pretty damn simple. It turned out the hard part was getting the old faucet out. We couldn't loosen the plastic anchors that held the faucet to the sink. The next night my dad came over with some other tools and he was able to get them loosened. Then I found out the copper pipes that were there wouldn't fit with the new faucet without some gaskets, so we had to wait till the next day to go to Lowes and buy some new connectors that had the right gasket size. I would have been able to do most of it, but my arms are like two inches too short to get a good grip for tightening the nuts. Nathan's really tall so he was able to reach everything pretty easily. So far no leaks! And the faucet is really cute. I've realized that I can deal with electrical home projects, but I'll be calling professionals for any future plumbing needs. I just do not want to deal with that again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home