Speck Of Texas

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Sunday already?

This weekend went by fast. Yesterday I was at the shelter for 8 hours, which I did not plan on. Orientation went well, and I usually only hang out for an hour afterwards to answer any questions. Well, adoption was so busy, I just kept helping one person after another. We had several good adoptions, so that always makes me happy. One woman came in and said she lives by herself, no other pets, and wants an adult cat. Jackpot!!! We love people like this. So many of our cats need quiet households. She visited with five different cats, and liked a shy kitty named Cheech that hid under her bedding. We thought Cheech would be there for a long time, but it all worked out.

Melanie and I were going to see a movie this weekend, but nothing looks interesting. I wanted to see Kinky Boots, but I don't think it's out in Austin anymore. I did see The Aviator and Hide and Seek from Netflix. I wasn't expecting to like The Aviator, but I think they did a good job with it. Hide and Seek was so so good. I didn't see the end coming (I never do). Well written, and good acting. I love Dakota Fanning. I like how in interviews she always mentions people's names that she works with (director, makeup guys, dp, etc). I think it shows respect for the people that help create the movie.

Tuesday night Melanie is coming over for the Veronica Mars finale. And then Thursday is her big day. Melanie is getting her first tattoo! She's going to the guy that did my ankle tattoo, who now works at Tru Blue on Red River. We stopped by a week ago for a consultation on the design. She said she felt comfortable with him, and he was excited about the artwork, so I think it will all go well. I showed him how the window had healed and asked if he could redo a couple of the lines to make it a little crisper. He'll do that on Thursday when he does Melanie's tattoo. I'll try to remember to bring my camera to take pics of the process for her. It's a fairly large piece on her upper back between her shoulder blades. It'll be two hands cupped, holding an African violet (called Melanie!). I'm interested to see how he'll do the coloring since she has dark skin.

This morning I was a little out of it. I woke up around 10 from a really vivid dream. Every once in a while I get dreams that are so real to me, when I wake up it takes a few minutes to figure out if it really happened or if it was just a dream. Anyways, I dreamt that Mark from NY called me out of the blue and said he was coming to visit. The even weirder thing was that I was still in Stockton, and the house he came to see me at was like a cross between my house in Austin and my parent's old house in Stockton. Very weird. Don't know what brought this on. There was also this guy Stu that I haven't seen since college too. I'm not quite sure what my subconscious is trying to tell me.

1 Comments:

  • I followed your recommendation to go see "V for Vendetta" and really liked it! Thought it was gonna be a superhero movie but was pleasantly surprised to discover it was more about societal/political values. The videotape you sent had a preview of Ultraviolet which looked good, but your letter said it wasn't. It hasn't made it out here so I guess that means it really wasn't so good, eh?

    I like going into a movie without preconceived ideas of what it's supposed to be about. Keep posting those movie reviews! I'll see the good ones when (if) they make it out here!

    By Blogger inertbat, at 10:41 AM, May 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home