Speck Of Texas

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Back from CA

Holy cow it's been a long time since I've posted!

I went to CA for a few days to see some family and my high school friends. Here's a pic of the Sierra Nevada that I took from the plane window. It looks so cool, thought I'd post it.

It went by so fast. I saw my grandmother, which was good. She's 84 and still going strong, but really, how many more years does she have left in her?
Nathan had a shindig at his house on Saturday for all the old BCHS folks. It was great seeing everyone. Of course, they all had to bring their significant others because god forbid they do something without them. At least Andrea doesn't have a boyfriend so I wasn't the only single person there. (yes, I wish her all the best in finding someone to love, but sometimes it gets annoying when a person bases all of their social activities on their s.o. - which is why I love Melanie so much - she and her husband have been together so long it doesn't matter to her if she does things without him) I could rant on and on about this, but then I would just sound bitter, which isn't the case (maybe just a little). This pic came out so good of Nathan and I. After seeing some of the other pics of me on that digital camera, I noticed how kina non-white my teeth were looking. I talked to my cousin about it, who's a dental hygenist, and she said those 7-day Crest whitestrips were really good and don't damage the teeth. I think I'll try out a set. It really makes a difference when you smile, I think.


Anyways, Heidi let me stay at her house and she and her s.o. Bert just got a new kitten - Atticus. Very cute. Neither have had cats in the past, so they were asking a bunch of questions, which was fun - I tried to mold them into good cat owners: good food, good scratching posts, a bed, etc. Here's a pic of the little rascal. I think he's about 7 weeks.


The party was fun. I made my 7-layer dip, which always goes over well. Heidi has a friend that sells Two Sisters Gourmet stuff and she made a spinach dip that was incredible. Everyone was munching on that all night. I think I'll try and pick up a few packages of it.
On Sunday Andrea, Heidi and I drove up to Mt. Diablo. I'd never been there before and since it'd been raining so much, everything was beautiful and green. We hiked a little and drove to the summit. I think it's about 3500 ft up.


By the way, my rental car was a Chevy Impala and it sucked ass. Yes, it had a lot of power and it handled well, but it was poorly designed on the inside with minimal visibility, uncomfortable seats, and little head room. The stupid speedomoter went to 140mph and the way the layout was, I had about half an inch between 60 and 70mph. So the whole time I was driving it I was watching my speed. I was so thankful when I got back to Austin and could drive my little Corolla which I LOVE. Stupid car. At least I didn't get into a wreck on Monday when it was raining so badly. When I turned the car in, another guy was there with a convertible that had a smashed front. That's gotta suck.

My new fence was put up while I was gone and it looks awesome! There's a couple of boards that need to be replaced, but all in all they did a good job. The lumberyard had a surplus of a higher quality board, so we got a better board for the same price. My neighbors on either side of me did their fences too, so it was three yards full of fence. Now I just have to do some landscaping and the outside will all be done. There's still several projects inside that will keep me busy for a few months. And no, I haven't finished the backsplash yet. Still working on it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home