Speck Of Texas

Monday, March 27, 2006

I'm not too sure about this MySpace crap

Ok, I know everyone is in love with MySpace, but it's kinda freaky. Some random 15 yr old girl from Stockton asked to join my friend list. Hello? I don't even know her! Where would I be meeting 15 yr old girls? I tried to send her a message, but her profile is 'private', so it won't even accept email. Crazy. So, yeah, she got DENIED. Ha!! Denied my friendship! That sounds evil. I mean, if you want to be my friend, at least engage in a little discussion first! I'm not easy!

It is nice checking on Sherry's myspace blog, though. She called last weekend from VA to say hi. Sherry is a college friend from NY that moved to VA with a friend to start an herb farm. They just bought a house with 14 acres on it. I'm so happy for her that she's following her dream. It's going to be a lot of work, but is sounds like they've thought out what needs to be done. Can't wait to see it in a couple years.

I'm sitting on pins and needles about Nathan's blog. I'm waiting for him to hear back from UT Austin if he got any funding for the PhD program. Why is UT playing hard to get? They accepted him, now send the damn funding letter! He's actually flying in this weekend for a get-to-know-the-department event. He's coming in late Friday and I think the UT thing is all day Saturday. That works out well since New Volunteer Orientation is Saturday at the shelter, so I'll be busy with that for a few hours. I think the group for the cats will be small. Usually, if we've had a lot of RSVP's the director sends out an email warning us, and I haven't heard from her. I'll have all day Sunday to mess around with Nathan. I was hoping Tony would come too, but it didn't work out. I really hope Nathan moves to Austin (I'm trying not to push too hard, because this really is a huge life/career choice he needs to make). I think Sunday we'll drive around neighborhoods down south so he can get a feel for the layout. He came out last July and we drove around a bit, but I think now we'll focus more on possible places to buy a house. My brother-in-law is a real estate agent, so he gave us a list of what's open now, just to get an idea.

Next week my boss is leaving for two weeks. She and her husband are going to the British Virgin Islands. They do a lot of sailing and scuba diving. She's getting a list together of crap she wants me to do while she's gone. It should be pretty slow, though. The ....weird(?)....thing is today she took me out to lunch and asked for a favor. Her mom has cancer and is on chemo. She's staying at my boss's house while they're gone and my boss wanted to give her my phone number in case anything happens. She also wants me to pick up her mom's mail from a post office box. It's no big deal, since I'll be picking up the mail on company time when I go to the bank (hell no I'm not doing that for free!) I'm happy to do it, I was just really surprised that she asked me to do that. I've never really done personal favors for her. It was just odd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home