Speck Of Texas

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Wild Animal Park

Yesterday I went to a Wild Animal Park with a bunch of people. It's a place where they have random types of animals grazing on acres of land. You ride in an open trailer and can feed the animals from your hands. They had camels, buffalo, elk, gazelle, and a bunch of other four-legged herd animals. It was pretty cool. Definitely not in the San Diego league, but for central Texas it wasn't bad. We also went to a couple of Austin landmark restaurants, which was nice. There's still a lot about Austin that I don't know about so I always like to go somewhere new.

For those not in the know....a few months ago I joined a local group called Austin No Kidding. It's strictly for people who don't have kids (either don't want them or just haven't had them yet). It's an awesome group. There's people from all age ranges, singles, and couples. They have scheduled events like game night, movie night, restaurant explorers and they also have spur-of-the-moment outings (since we don't have kids, no one has to arrange babysitters). The nice thing is that none of them are big party people. So, even though we don't have kids it's not like everyone just goes out to bars and get drunk. They're more about hanging out and doing fun stuff. The movie night is SOOOOO fun because this couple has a huge house about 5 minutes from me in Cedar Park. They have a theater room in their house with leather reclining seats with cup holders and a 10 foot projection screen and surround sound. The first time I saw it I begged them to adopt me. They invited me over a couple weeks ago to watch a movie and we saw World Police: Team America. If you haven't seen that yet, and you like South Park, you must rent it. I didn't know what to expect with the puppets but it was really well done. I especially love the anthem ...'America, fuck yeah!' Heh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home