Speck Of Texas

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Melanie has crossed to the dark side

Ok, Melanie and I went in on Sunday to meet my tattoo guy Mike. Before he did Melanie's he retouched my window a little and a bit on my panda. I've had some scarring issues with the panda and hopefully the stuff he added will help. I'd forgotten how excrutiating my ankle tattoo is. I'd rather get 20 on my arm than one on my ankle. But, I did decide to go ahead and get a 'closed door' on the other side of my ankle (explanation can be found here: http://speckoftexas.blogspot.com/2005_10_01_speckoftexas_archive.html)
I talked to Mike about the design, and I'll go in a few weeks to get it done. I love hardware on doors, so it'll look like an old door with heavy hinges and a large handle. It'll all be in black/grayscale which will contrast nicely with the colors in the window.

Melanie's went very well. Damn that girl's got a high pain tolerance! It took about two and half hours, which is longer than I thought it would. I tried to keep her entertained by looking at the binders of artwork from the artists in the shop. Holy cow do they do some nice work. All in all, we were there four hours. Here are the pics!!! The shading will fade a little as it heals.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home