Speck Of Texas

Saturday, May 13, 2006

I'm Done! (ok, almost)

I just put on the last piece of tile on my backsplash! It looks so good!!! I even added quite a bit behind my stove in case any future stoves are lower than the one I have now. Tomorrow night (ok, it's 1 am now...so I guess that's really 'tonight') my parents are coming over to help me put in the grout, which I'm kinda nervous about. It's taken me three months to put the mosaic up, and if I screw up the grout I'm going to be so pissed. All in all, it took me longer than I thought, but I didn't work on it every night. I kinda slacked for awhile. I'm not going to let myself be annoyed with any of it. Yes, some colors are a little close together, and in some areas I could have used more of one color than another. But, you know what? I'm DONE, and there's no redoing it. So, I choose to like how it all came out.

btw, Melanie's tattoo appointment got reschedule for Sunday afternoon, so no update yet.

Quick movie updates:

Just Like Heaven (with Reese Witherspoon): very fluffy movie, something to listen to while cleaning the house. Mark Ruffalo always seems menacing to me, I don't know why. Maybe it's the way he carries himself. His voice is also grating, which doesn't lead to a pleasant movie going experience. I thought that about him too with 13 Going on 30.

Solaris: Ok, I got this for George Clooney. I thought, hey George is in it, it's probably good. Holy cow, that was a horrrrrrrible movie. Incredibly slow, didn't really understand the underlying cause and effect of what was going on, and didn't care about the characters AT ALL. And it was directed by Steven Soderbergh who I usually really like! What a disappointment.

Shall We Dance (the US version) Very entertaining. Even though Jennifer Lopez is in it, they don't focus too much on her character. Richard Gere is really good, and the ballroom dance sequences were riveting. I also have the original Japanese version in my queue, so I'll let you know later how that one is. I would recommend it.

Monster-in-Law: saw this awhile ago, don't think I posted anything. It has Michael Vartan (Alias), Jennifer Lopez, and Jane Fonda. I was prepared to not like it. Instead, I was laughing so hard. Wanda Sykes is in it too and steals all of her scenes. I recommended it to a few people and they've all come back saying they enjoyed it too. Sometimes people give Jennifer Lopez a hard time about her acting, but I think with the right vehicle she can be really good. Out of Sight: good. Maid in Manhattan: bad.

Millions: independent movie recommended to me by Heidi. Very cute, touching film. Recommended.

The Transporter 2: Lots of good fight sequences. There's a blond chick that's a bad guy and really almost ruins the movie with her dialogue and acting. Besides that, very enjoyable. I respect that Jason Statham does most of his own fighting. I don't know why he doesn't have a bigger career.

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants: Surprisingly, I did not care for this movie. Just couldn't get into it. Haven't read the book.

ok, going to bed now.

1 Comments:

  • Congrats on finishing the backsplash. Keep me posted on Melanie's tattoo--I'm curious to see how it turned out. I've been in Mexico for the last week, which was quite enjoyable. While I was away the workers started remodeling my bathroom and it appears that they will finish up with all but the plumbing on Friday. Yeah!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:49 PM, May 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home