Speck Of Texas

Monday, May 29, 2006

On a lighter note...

I saw Brokeback Mountain yesterday. I know it was really hyped up, so I didn't know if was really good, or if people just wanted to be cool and hip by saying they liked it. I thought it was good. The first 3/4 of it was REALLY good, but I didn't like the ending. I thought Jake Gyllenhal was so beautiful in it. His performance was outstanding. Everyone had been oohing and ahing about Heath Ledger, but I thought he was ok. He mumbled A LOT and I had to turn on subtitles for a lot of his lines. I was really surpised that you saw both leading women topless. It was a little startling to see Anne Hathaway like that. She just kinda rips her bra off and kabam! Topless Anne Hathaway. I think she's one of the most beautiful actresses out there today, and really recommend Ella Enchanted. Anyways, after reading some reviews, I do have to agree that the love story comes out of nowhere. It's two guys herding sheep on a mountain, and then one night, they are just going at it in a tent. I didn't really feel any tension, heated looks, or a building of emotion. So, that was kind of weird. I didn't see the 'love', just passion and lust. It was still good, though.

Today I saw X Men: The Last Stand and Over the Hedge. I think I may have to see X Men again on a larger screen. I went to the mall theater near my house, and forgot what a small screen they have. It was good, but I guess it's the last in the series, so they killed a lot of people off. I think that's a mistake, with all the mutant characters that have been created, you could do so many movies about them. But, all in all, I thought it was well done. Don't want to get into it too much since it just came out. The character of Angel was done by an actor that was in Bang, Bang, You're Dead. Thought he was cute then, thought he was really cute now. Too bad it was a small part. Saw a preview for Ghost Rider with Nicolas Cage which looked interesting. Over the Hedge was really cute. There were a lot of families in the audience, and I think everyone enjoyed it. I laughed out loud several times. Wouldn't buy it, but it was a fun movie. Steve Carell is a manic, high strung squirrel that absolutely steals the show. He was so adorable. There was also a preview for Nacho Libre with Jack Black doing Mexican wrestling - you know with the shiny masks. It looks hilarious. Jack Black always brings the funny.

1 Comments:

  • I don't think Brokeback Mountain ever made it here but some show mentioned it in the video you sent so I looked it up. Looked interesting. If it does make it out here I'll have to give it a go.

    Oh no! They kill off main characters???? I didn't know a third one came out but I'm assuming it'll make it here and I'll definitely go see it! Just saw the Da Vinci Code which was pretty good. From the book it was hard imagining what all those old buildings really looked like and it was nice seeing them in the movie.

    By Blogger inertbat, at 9:39 AM, June 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home