Speck Of Texas

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Getting rid of telemarketers

Been meaning to post this for awhile. At my company I'm in charge of dealing with telemarketers and cold calls. Everyone in the clinics know to transfer those calls to me. You never know, maybe we are looking for a new janitorial service or something. Well, if you're one to get these calls, I'm sure you know that even when you say 'no thank you we're happy with who we have now', they'll still try to do the sell, try to 'compare prices' or whatever. Well, I have a wonderful trick that I use and it works EVERY TIME. When they do their pitch, I just reply with 'my boss has a personal relationship with the owner/rep of our present vendor'. That just shuts them up. Every time they just say, 'oh, ok. Thank you!' and hang up. No hard sells, no reason for me to be rude. They know there's nothing to say to that! I love it. Try it sometime!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home