Speck Of Texas

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Now that's what I call a party

Dear lord am I tired. 19 people showed up for Party Game Night. That's got to be close to a record. We had to split into three groups and I used every chair in the house. There was a group of people in my dining room, my kitchen, and my family room. It all worked out really well. Most people left around 10:30, the next group at 11:45, and then Joan (cool chick) just left a few minutes ago at 12:40. Everyone loved my cats - they got lots of play time and petting. They were actually more social than I thought they'd be with this many people. They hung out with everyone the whole time. It was great that Nathan and Tony could meet everyone in ANK. We had one new couple, but everyone else were the usual people. It's just been so long since I've seen them all together! So now that I know my house can fit that many people comfortably, I'll probably host some more nights. Tomorrow I'm going into the shelter and then over to Mike & Annette's for some movies. I think Sunday will be a good sleeping in day. Oh...and honey that he is, Nathan brought me some See's candy from CA. So, I've got a surprise box for my mom. She is so going to love it. (if you don't know...See's candy is chocolates/truffles that are only sold in several states on the west coast. We don't have any stores in Austin or most of TX. That stuff is probably the best chocolate in America. Can't stand Godiva or some of the other fancy crap you get at Whole Foods. It's gotta be See's.) Ok....going to bed now.

I told you I'd post more!

2 Comments:

  • mmmm...see's candy. my dad had is usual like 10 boxes.
    kim

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:20 PM, January 13, 2007  

  • Wow, I'd almost completely forgotten about See's candy! Come to think of it, the one we used to go to when I was a kid wasn't there the last time I went home :(

    Those game nights sound really fun. So wish I could go to one!

    I'll try to keep in mind some of those movies you rated. I've only heard of a couple on the list... I guess most don't make it out here.

    By Blogger inertbat, at 6:18 AM, January 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home