Speck Of Texas

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Gobble Gobble 2006

Hey all. Hope everyone is sitting comatose from too much turkey! This year was very relaxed. It ended up just being my family, but Nathan came over after dinner and hung out with everyone for a few hours. I've really got to do something about my oven. My mom came over at 8:30a to put the 23lb turkey in. She said it should be at 325 deg. I checked it after almost two hours (when I woke up again) and the damn oven temp was actually 375 according to the thermometer inside. So, I put it down to 275, but that didn't do a damn thing. It just would not go below 375. So, it only took 4 hours to cook, when it should have taken over 5. Oh well. I think next year we're doing it at my sister's. Her husband wants to deep fry a turkey, which should be all kinds of incendiary fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home