Speck Of Texas

Friday, November 10, 2006

Party Game Night

Tonight was my first time hosting an event for No Kidding. It was Party Game Night where people bring board games and we play those or play charades - whatever. There were 10 people total and we mostly played a new Cranium game that's all pop culture. It was really fun. My team won! We kicked ass. Luckily my dining room table had two leaves in it, so 10 people fit just fine. Sometimes when that many people show up we split into two groups, but we all fit ok in my dining room. Not much planned for this weekend - going into the shelter tomorrow and then I think Sunday I'll just laze around. The house is rather clean already from my prep for the party - I even mowed the lawn and swept up all the leaves. I can't let the house get too messy cause I'm hosting Thanksgiving here this year. It'll definitely be six people, and maybe Nathan and Tony, and maybe Rob and Kimber (who came last year). I can have four leaves in the table, so I can probably seat 20 with no problem. We'll see. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be making for Thanksgiving...gotta check with my mom. I think she's bringing the turkey and we'll cook it in my oven. It'll be good to have everyone over. I don't think my sister has been here in months. I just hope my nephew behaves. They are potty training him, and he's still having accidents. I don't want to deal with that while we're trying to eat.

3 Comments:

  • You can fit 20 people at once?? What a huge table! Sounds like Thanksgiving's gonna be a blast. It's been ages since I've had Thanksgiving. Post the details on your blog so I can live vicariously through you!

    Game nights sound fun. I wonder if I have enough friends to get that going around here . . .

    By Blogger inertbat, at 1:02 AM, November 13, 2006  

  • Sounds like you had a blast. Thank you for posting all the Italy stuff. Felt like I was there with you, wouldv'e loved that.

    By Blogger jayeofmanyhats, at 5:41 PM, November 14, 2006  

  • If I come to T-Day, is Johnny gonna shit at that table? I'm not too sure, but I think that could ruin your dinner. Tony and I still aren't really talking...so I'll have word to you soon. Don't worry though--we (or maybe just I) don't eat too much :P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:57 PM, November 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home