Speck Of Texas

Sunday, December 24, 2006

What a hellish day..and oh yeah, Merry Christmas

Dear God I'm glad this day is over. It has been one computer frustration after another. My parents got a new dell computer for Christmas and I was going to go over to hook it up for them. Before I left, I thought it would be handy to burn a few DVDs of all the music my dad has on my computer. It's 40GBs of .wav files he created from his old record collection. I'd rather do 10 DVDs than 60 CDs. But the thing is....I don't think I've ever used my DVD burner. I'm pretty sure I have one, but it just wouldn't work. On DVD+Rs I was getting a buffer overrun and it wouldn't even recognize DVD-Rs. So, that was the first frustration. Then I went to my parent's house for dinner and computer setup. The setup went smoothly and everything turned on ok, but at first it said the installed anti-virus had expired. I thought, hey no problem, we'll just get McAfee since I'm used to that software and know how to use it. Well, when I installed the McAfee firewall and virus scan, somehow that jump started the original virus scan that was on the computer and the two kept clashing. I tried uninstalling the original software, but it kept saying to close Outlook. Outlook WAS closed. Damnit! So, instead I ended up uninstalling McAfee virus scan and just kept the firewall. I'd really like to get that other software off there, but don't know what else to try. I think I'm going to have to hit up Matt & Mike for computer help, especially on my DVD burner. Argh.

I consciously did not use any real curse words in this post. As frustrated as I am right now, it just would have been f'n this and c**ks****r that, and no one needs that at the holidays.

Merry Christmas!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home