Speck Of Texas

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Just call me Betty Crocker


I am exhausted. Today I made 8 batches of cookies in 5 1/2 hours. Ugh. Yes, I know it's early, but really, Christmas is in two weeks, and I didn't want to give them out when everyone else was giving food out too. I made some plates up and gave them out to all my wonderful neighbors. I really lucked out with my neighborhood - love 'em all. I'm also bringing some in to work tomorrow, and will give others out to random friends. I usually make extra in case a batch comes out bad, but this year everything came out ok. This was also the first year I made my Aunt Mary Ann's lemon cookies. They're really easy and taste great. I like mixing up the cookie selection so it's not all the same type. Here's what's in the picture from left top, down and over on the middle plate:
-Heath Toffee Cookies
-Tollhouse Choc Chip Cookies
-Oatmean Mini Choc Chip (really don't like this recipe...need to find a diff oatmeal one)
-Mom's Chocolate Pudding Choc Chip Cookies (my favorite)
-Peanut Butter Choc Chip Cookies (new recipe, need to make them smaller next year)
-Aunt Mary Ann's Lemon Cookies
-Reese's PB Cup Bar Cookies
-Fudge Bar Cookies (new recipe, cooked a little too long...it's too hard to bake bar cookies! They're either too cooked or not cooked enough)
Hey...I just reread my cookie post from last year and realized...I didn't injure myself yet this holiday season! Ok, yes, I did cut my thumb on Thanksgiving, but it wasn't as serious as what I usually do. So, go me! Woo Hoo! No band-aids, burn ointment, or stitches for me! Now I just have to get through the actual Christmas day cooking....but I think my sister and her husband are doing most of that.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home