Speck Of Texas

Friday, December 08, 2006

Cowboy Black-Tie

Once again, I must say that I love Texas. Tonight was a charity event at the Dell Diamond (baseball stadium) that some of my north doctors wanted to help sponsor. We purchased a table for 10, but a few days before the event, a couple of the docs couldn't go, leaving four empty seats. The docs asked if the two front desk girls wanted to go, and they said sure. One brought her daughter, and the other one asked me to be her date. At first we heard it was 'cocktail' attire. Then...we heard 'Cowboy Black-Tie'. huh? I called one of the hospital staff that had gone last year, and she said Cowboy Black Tie is tuxedo shirt, jacket, and tie....and then blue jeans, cowboy boots, and cowboy hat. Awesome! So, yes, it's kinda black-tie, but not really. Originally I had planned on wearing a short skirt and top that were cute, but today we heard the words 'outside', 'tent' and '45 degree weather'. So, luckily I remembered I had a nice ankle length dress that hides all my tattoos, and would work for black tie but was slightly warmer than my original plan. I stayed for a couple hours, and it was fun. There were several guys in cowboy blacktie, quite a few full on tuxes, mostly just suits. The women were really decked out - saw several fur coats. The best part? There was a silent auction, and one of the items was a 2-month-old purebred German Short Hair Pointer (a hunting dog). You'd never see that in California! I hunting dog as an auction item! Love it. People really take their hunting seriously out here.

1 Comments:

  • So what happens at a cowboy black tie event? Any country dancing?

    I was going through the Buffy tapes . . . and one is missing! It's just gone. Would it be too much to ask for another copy of the first 3rd of the final season?

    I should probably send your box off soon or it won't make it in time for Christmas!

    By Blogger inertbat, at 1:21 PM, December 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home