Speck Of Texas

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Much better pictures

What a strange, strange week. We ended up having all day Tuesday AND all day Wednesday off. The roads this morning were fine, but it took twice as long to get home since people were taking a lot of side streets and staying off the freeways. The overpasses and bridges were still icy.

This morning I had to knock a 1/2 inch of ice off my car. It was really fun. Reminded me of my St Louis days. I still had my heavy-duty ice chipper so that helped. Luckily it was all ice and no snow, so it was actually not that bad - I was able to hit it with my fist to break it up and then it just came off in large chunks. I cleared my whole car since I didn't want pieces to fly off while I was driving. Wish everyone thought of that! There were quite a few assholes on the road that left the ice on the top of the car. I saw a couple of almost-accidents in front of me when the ice block flew off into oncoming traffic. So irresponsible.

Anyways....while I was heating up the inside of my car to help break up the ice, I went around my front yard and got some really cool pictures. Enjoy.

3 Comments:

  • Tell me about it. I had to dodge huge chunks of ice flying off of 18-wheelers on 35. Ugh!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:58 PM, January 20, 2007  

  • Oh St. Louis, I kind of miss having heating up the car to melt the ice a little, then having the satisfaction of sliding a huge block of ice off the roof. We're having an unusually warm winter over here... it hasn't even snowed!

    By Blogger inertbat, at 9:56 PM, January 21, 2007  

  • Check out your email. I sent you more icy photos. I think I have some better ones of the snow, but need to raid Tony's camera. Hope we didn't bore you too much on Sunday!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:27 PM, January 30, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home