Speck Of Texas

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Ice Storm 2007

It's the time of year news agencies love - all weather updates, all day. All in all, the ice storm wasn't as bad as I was expecting. My office actually opened yesterday morning since the roads were still ok. I went in only because I had to do payroll and everyone said Tuesday was the day it was really going to hit. I'd rather go in when the roads are ok than brave it on the bad day. We lost power for a few minutes, but it came back up. We closed offices at 9:30, and I got out of there by 10:15. We were expecting the storms to hit that afternoon, but I didn't get much up by my house. For Tuesday, my boss canceled morning clinic and there's a chance we'll open at noon. I haven't called her yet, but the news it saying there's more storms on the way. I walked outide to see how it was around my house and while I was walking around I was getting some cool freezing rain/sleet. Here are some pictures. They're not that dramatic, but, it's what I got. Haven't lost power yet, and I've been keeping the house nice and toasty warm. Hope everyone's ok. **edited to add ..my boss just called and we are closed the rest of the day, and MAYBE tomorrow morning. Good thing I've got a lot of vacation available! This'll be a good day to catch up on Veronica Mars.**

2 Comments:

  • are ya missin' california yet? like we should talk...it has been bone chilling cold (in the 20s) including this morning but it is currently raining tonight. what weird weather. i've been meaning to get back to you re. your e-mail. it's on the way. :)
    kim

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:44 PM, January 16, 2007  

  • Wow, freezing rain. We don't get any of that here!

    By Blogger inertbat, at 9:53 PM, January 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home