Speck Of Texas

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Interesting info on names

This site is so fascinating.

http://www.babynamewizard.com/namevoyager/lnv0105.html

It has over 5000 names of the last 100 years and the popularity of that name. Whoever came up with the visual is a genius.

It's so odd to see names that were popular when I was a kid (Jennifer, Kristin, Amy, Tara) have really dropped off. Hey, my name is actually on there. Can't believe it made it. But it's all boys! Damn where are the girls?? I like my name for a girl (of course there was that one time I was placed with a guy as a roommate at a conference cause they thought I was a guy too. Fun times).


edited to add: heh. look up Xander. you know that's all from Buffy people. Ain't no one using is before! Willow too. Poor Buffy...no one wants to use that name still!

3 Comments:

  • i don't know how you found that website about baby names but it was very cool. i had no idea that kimberly was such a popular name throughout the years. i tried jianna which is jeff's niece's name and it wasn't there.
    kim

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:27 PM, August 26, 2006  

  • Wow! I have a damn popular name!

    By Blogger jayeofmanyhats, at 6:33 PM, August 29, 2006  

  • Cool site! Had fun playing with it. I typed in my middle name Yoshio and surprisingly it came up during the 1920s! And I figured Jennifer spanned all generations but looks like it's losing popularity...

    By Blogger inertbat, at 1:40 AM, September 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home