Speck Of Texas

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Die you steel bunnies! Die!

Today I went out to the shooting range with Matt. Annette and Mike were supposed to go too, but it didn't have a shotgun range, and that's what they wanted to do. So, Matt and I stayed for about two hours and just shot pistols. The range was out in the middle of nowhere, about 20 miles from me. It was an outdoor range, and I'd never been to one like that (it was only $5 to get in, though). I've only been to two in St. Louis, and those were indoor with the cool paper-person targets on a track. This place was just a bunch of metal animals and round discs set out about 25 yards. That was a lot further away than I've ever shot before. Matt has a bunch of guns, and brought a .22 Ruegers (sp?) and a couple of 9mm Glocks. The .22 was pretty cool. It fit my hand really well and didn't have any recoil. I shot the Glocks for awhile too, but they're just a little too big for my hand, and the recoil is a bitch. I was doing pretty well with my aiming. Out of about 300 rounds I hit the little animals I think 12 times. The rest of the bullets were either too high or too low, but I was pretty good with keeping the shots in a line. I didn't do a lot of left/right misses. Then we went out to dinner at Iguana Grill on 620. It's right on Lake Travis and the view was so beautiful. It was 100 degrees today, but was cloudy and had a breeze, so it wasn't as hot as it could've been. The food was ok; I'd go there again.

Nathan and Tony are all moved into their house. I went over on Thursday after work - got there around 6pm. They had just started unloading, so I helped them for about three hours. Luckily both of them are tall and in shape, so they handled the few furniture pieces, and I focused on the boxes. Last night (Saturday) we went out to 6th street and walked around for about an hour and half. I know they aren't big drinkers, but it's a lot of fun to just people-watch down there, and I wanted them to see what it was like, if they ever wanted to go back. Then we drove back to their house and watched a movie. I got home around 3am. My kitties were just standing at the door like 'where've you been bitch?' heh.

1 Comments:

  • Tristin with guns? Too scary to think about! I had no idea they had shooting ranges in St. Louis. When I went to my roommates house for Thanksgiving we played with shotguns in the backyard. They sure have punch!

    By Blogger inertbat, at 9:12 AM, August 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home