Speck Of Texas

Monday, July 10, 2006

How the hell did this happen?

Ok, I still can't believe this is happening.....uh......I'm going to Italy for two weeks in October. How did this happen??? I went to Mike & Annette's house on Saturday, and Matt was there too. When I first met them Annette had mentioned they wanted to go to Italy. On Saturday when I was over there I casually mentioned it and asked if they were still planning it out, cause I could give them some tips. Then she says yes, they are going in the fall, but they didn't want to go alone, so Matt was going with them....and hey, do I want to come too? Uh, yeah! So, we all talked to our bosses today, and we have tickets booked and everything. Matt and I were able to use American miles (100,000!!! frickin airline!) and Mike & Annette had enough on Continental to get one free ticket and they bought the other one. So, we'll be flying separately but we get in within ten minutes of each other in Rome. Mike also has a ton of Hilton points, so we'll be able to stay free for a few nights.

I was a little worried about taking a full two weeks off of work. In the past it's only been a few days, and I'm back in time to do payroll. My boss hasn't done payroll since I started there, and it's quite involved. But, when I asked her about it, she said it would be morally wrong to deny me a once in a lifetime chance to go to Italy. (I did not mention that I'd been there for two months in college!) So, cool! We'll be going to most of the same places I've already been - Rome, Florence, Venice, Pompeii. But, we're getting a car in Florence and driving to Venice, so we'll be stopping in some small towns on the way which will be cool. I also want to go to the library and get some biographies. Last time the friend I was with was an Art major and knew a lot about all the sculptures and paintings we saw. I'm going to try and brush up on some Renaissance info before we go. I think it adds to the experience.

I guess I'm going to wait until I get back to find another roommate. I don't really want to leave the house for two weeks with someone who at that time would be a relative stranger. At least it'll give me more time to get the kitchen cabinets done! Can you spell pro-crast-i-nate?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home